Expertise selling Africa or Asia luxury travel holidays
Niarra is a luxury tour operator founded in 2020 by a small, experienced team with the support and backing of the Oppenheimer Generations community. Operating on two leading principles, transparency and purpose, Niarra creates unforgettable trips to inspiring places while directing more tourism revenue to the people and communities protecting our increasingly fragile natural world. In doing so, we hope to send a ripple of change throughout the industry.
We are looking for an experienced luxury travel specialist with experience selling luxury holidays in Africa to join our expanding team. Travel specialists with expertise in Asia will also be considered. If you’re passionate about travel and want to play a role in the conservation of key destinations around the world, then this is an exciting opportunity to join a small company with big plans.
This role will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Creating tailor-made luxury trips primarily in Africa but Asia can also be considered. This involves consultation by email and telephone with the client and liaising with our Reservations team.
- Working to maximise trips' positive impact both on the travellers and on the places they’re exploring.
- Delivering excellent customer care at every step and creating bespoke moments on every adventure, building strong client relationships to encourage them to travel again.
- Confidently guiding conversations on responsible travel with each guest and designing exceptional experiences that exceed their expectations and enhance local community engagement.
- Collaborating with the support Reservations Team and partners on the ground to ensure all details are covered and clients have a seamless experience from start to finish.
- Acting in the best interests of the company and embodying our brand values and ethos.
Skills for success:
- Ideally, three to five years’ experience working for a luxury tour operator.
- Strong work ethic and a drive to meet personal targets.
- Creativity and attention to detail in designing unique and inspiring trips that stand out above the rest.
- Passion for delivering outstanding personal service and willing to go the extra mile for our clients.
- Self-motivated and proactive with an ability to prioritise multiple tasks and stay calm under pressure.
- Able to manage workload and work to deadlines effectively.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- A positive, open-minded and empathetic attitude.
- Flexibility to take on a variety of tasks and willingness to roll sleeves up and support a growing company.
What we're offering:
- A competitive base salary with a generous commission structure.
- A chance to play an important role in a growing company making a real difference.
- Amazing Research Trips in Africa and around the world.
- Humility and openness to learn from others.
- 25 days annual leave, with extra days for sustainable travel instead of flying considered.
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Certified sustainability training through the GSTC
- Sustainability related incentives
Most of the team are in London, working in our Farringdon office on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, with Tuesdays and Fridays from home (anywhere with reliable internet access!). However, fully remote working can also be considered for this role. Office hours are 1000 to 1800, with split shifts and later working hours sometimes needed for clients in the US.
How to apply
To apply please email email@example.com with your CV and anything else you’d like to share.