Join the team
Founded in 2020, Niarra is a growing luxury tour operator focused on creating inspiring itineraries highlighting sustainable, conservation and community focused properties around the world.
With leading principles of transparency and purpose, we aim to deliver unforgettable and life affirming client experiences while directing more tourism revenue to the people and communities protecting our increasingly fragile natural world. In doing so, we hope to send a ripple of change throughout the industry.
The Niarra Travel team is mostly based in London, with others working remotely in South Africa, Scotland and Denmark. As a team, we pride ourselves on valuing kindness, integrity, high performance and fearlessness in all that we do.
Please find information about the roles we are currently recruiting for below. We also encourage speculative CVs and cover letters which should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Niarra Travel is looking for a content writer to join our growing team. This new role is perfect for someone with a passion for storytelling and planning content strategy. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you will learn directly from an experienced marketeer and work closely with the Sales team on refining sales communication.
This role will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Write research-based copy that elevates the Niarra brand above its competitors and encourages readers to take action.
- Ensure digital copy is optimised for SEO.
- Oversee the development of written digital and print content for the Niarra Travel website, social media, newsletters, travel packs, itinerary platform and destination-relevant documentation.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Manager on strategy for the ongoing success of our digital platforms.
- Refine and take ownership of brand voice and tone across all our communication channels, including the website, social media and sales templates.
- Ensure all content never fails to align with Niarra Travel's mission and future ambitions.
- Track, monitor and share content performance and metrics.
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing and Sales teams to ensure clients have a seamless communication experience from start to finish.
- When needed, work with the web development to improve website optimisation and speed without affecting UX.
- Work with the Marketing and Sales teams to analyse travel trends, page popularity and efficiency. Write new and exciting content when needed.
- Be a true ambassador of what Niarra Travel stands for and help to drive our mission forward.
Skills for Success
- Strong work ethic.
- A team player with brilliant people skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Understand the value of customer-centric conversion copy with a strong CTA.
- Ambition to reach and exceed targets.
- Passionate about writing creative, thoughtful content that demonstrates Niarra's unique and special qualities.
- Willing to go the extra mile to deliver the best communication strategy for our clients.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated and proactive. An ability to multitask and stay calm under pressure.
- Able to prioritise tasks, manage workload and work to deadlines effectively.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills: Pre-empt and seek to resolve potential problems and issues before they occur.
- Demonstrate good judgement in knowing when to act independently and when to escalate an issue to senior management.
- Flexibility to take on a variety of tasks and willingness to roll sleeves up and support colleagues.
- High attention to detail.
- Positive attitude to seek solutions in your work.
- Kindness first to all living beings and the planet, with the strong desire to be part of a team working towards a common goal.
- Ability to actively listen and demonstrate empathy and self-awareness.
- Humility and openness to learn from others.
- High expectations for customer service and customer care.
This is a full-time role working out of London HQ for three days a week (currently – Monday, Wednesday and Thursday) and two days a week from home. Working remotely outside of London will be considered too.
25 days leave.
How to apply
Email email@example.com with your CV and cover letter. The application deadline is Friday 23rd of June 2023.